Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Share KSS on: Share to Facebook Post to my twitter!
Welcome to Kurdistan sky scrapers forum. Hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Kurdish poets and writers
Topic Started: 5th August 2013 - 05:14 AM (5,074 Views)
Kulka Kurdayati
No Avatar
bullshit

Unfortunately the topic is set up coz of very sad news, which i have to begin with.

Our great poet Sherko Bekas passed away today.

R.I.P :flower:
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 970845_493734104043862_605608488_n.jpg (26.73 KB)
BIJI KURD U KURDISTAN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kulka Kurdayati
No Avatar
bullshit

:sad:
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 1004850_229515107197047_1311155959_n.jpg (62.19 KB)
BIJI KURD U KURDISTAN

Tevger
Member Avatar

Rehma xwede li be! He was a great patriot. He was the one of the few Kurds who never thought of Kurdistan as being 4 different parts. He always said that Kurdistan is one part and that Hewler, Qamislo, Amed and Sine are one body.
'' Don't touch me doctor! My death is necessary for the Kurds to wake up''

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer

He was a huge poet and deserved much more attention.

Bila serê gelê kurd sax be!
Quote:

Alasha: Asking and discussing is not forbidden, rather prohibited on this forum

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer

Sherko Bekas in Malmo, Sweden organized by us kurds in Lund.

Really amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXY2kWf1heI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKwLoqU_2lrAuf8uneBG_Tg
Quote:

ALAN
Member Avatar

Abdulla Pashew on Med TV 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J7yTGkLga4
Russian Girenak Joseph, who visited Kirkuk in Kurdistan as a part of his tour throu the 1870 - 1873 AD, who published the results of his trip & his studies later in 1879, in the 4th volume in the Bulletin of the Caucasus department of the Royal Geographical Russian Society estimated Kirkuk's population as many as 12-50,000 people, & he emphasized that except 40 Christian families, the rest of the population were Kurds. As for The Turkmen & Arabs, they have not been already existed at the time.

ALAN
Member Avatar

I remember Med tv glory days, the days that it was the ONLY Kurdish tv in the whole world, i use to live in SK at that time.
Russian Girenak Joseph, who visited Kirkuk in Kurdistan as a part of his tour throu the 1870 - 1873 AD, who published the results of his trip & his studies later in 1879, in the 4th volume in the Bulletin of the Caucasus department of the Royal Geographical Russian Society estimated Kirkuk's population as many as 12-50,000 people, & he emphasized that except 40 Christian families, the rest of the population were Kurds. As for The Turkmen & Arabs, they have not been already existed at the time.

Brendar
Member Avatar

University of Stanford, California - Kurdish Poetry Anthology - Alana Marie Levinson LaBrosse | AMENDS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVGVR17i9WI&feature=share
Edited by Brendar, 14th April 2014 - 07:19 AM.

Zagros
Member Avatar

Letters From a Kurd, First Kurdish Novel Written in English

Shorsh Muhammad
BasNews, Hewlêr

Letters From a Kurd, the first Kurdish novel written in English, is to go on sale in the United Kingdom and the United States next month.

The novel is published by Yolk, a UK publisher. It will go on sale in November 2014 in the UK, and will be available to the English speaking market worldwide, including on Amazon.

It was written by England-based Kurdish writer and film director Kae Bahar.

“I am delighted that Letters From a Kurd, my first novel, is to be published after a long and, at times, very emotional journey,” Bahar told BasNews.

“I grew up in Kurdistan under Saddam Hussein, and it was only storytelling and watching movies that helped me to survive. This universal, human story is very dear to me and I am thrilled to be able to give Letters From a Kurd to the world and share it with everyone,” added Kae Bahar.

The novel is about a Kurdish boy’s journey from oppression under former Iraqi dictator to United States.

Marywan is a Kurd growing-up in Iraqi-occupied Kurdistan under the despotic rule of Saddam Hussein, whom he secretly nicknames Qayishbaldar – the monster. To survive this harsh reality, Marywan lives in the fantastical and magical world of his citadel. He loves singing, acting and dancing, but his father expects him to become a Darwish, a devout Muslim.

Marywan (known as Mary) deals with the tragedies in his family and the tyranny and bullying that make his life hell, by discretely visiting the cinema and escaping into the magical world of Hollywood. He secretly writes letters to Gringo, a legendary American actor, begging for help to bring him to the US.

As his great escape becomes convoluted, Mary is drawn deeper and deeper into a dark, roller-coaster ride of drama, intrigue, savagery, love, betrayal and heroism which makes the movies he adores seem almost trivial by comparison.

http://basnews.com/en/News/Details/Letters-From-a-Kurd--First-Kurdish-Novel-Written-in-English-/38294

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JGjTzUKvKg
Quote:

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer

Southern Kurdish

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1555615868009390&set=vb.1488444631393181&type=2&theater
Quote:

Dêrsîmlî
Member Avatar
Welatparez

Why there aren't already the most famoust Kurdish poets ?

Posted Image
Cigerxwîn (1903-1984) an Êlihlî. He was a Kurdish nationalist and communist poet. He wrote "Kî Me Ez" the most beautiful text that I've seen.

Posted Image
Ehmedê Xanî (1650-1707) a Colemêrglî poet is the father of the Kurdish nationalism. He was the first who wrote in Kurdish of all times with "Mem û Zîn" and wrote about Kurdish nationalism. This is the most famous Kurdish book.

Posted Image
Feqiyê Teyran (1590-1660) also a Colemêrglî poet wrote "Bayt Dimdim" about the legendary Battle of Dimdim which opposed Kurds to Safavid Empire in the name of an independent Kurdistan. He also wrote "Ey Dilberê". There are musics about from Aram Tîgran and Şivan Perwer.

Posted Image
Melayê Cizîrî (1570-1640) was a great Kurdish poet also. I don't really know him. Just he was very considered by his fellows (aforementioned).
Xortê Kurd tev hazir û amade ne
Canfîdane, canfîdane, her canfîda !
Kes nebe Kurd dimirin, Kurd jîn dibin
Jîn dibin qet nakeve Ala Kurdan !

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaLcNZLMiVQ&list=RD1BZXOxxovpU&index=19
Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Culture · Next Topic »

Find more great themes at the Zathyus Network Resources