Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Share KSS on: Share to Facebook Post to my twitter!
Welcome to Kurdistan sky scrapers forum. Hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Western Kurdistan (Rojava) | Articles; All news related to WK etc...
Topic Started: 18th November 2012 - 07:31 PM (2,126,810 Views)
Kurdistano
No Avatar
Salar
Gundî Uçar
13th October 2013 - 10:19 PM
ALAN
13th October 2013 - 10:15 PM
He is Kurdish I remember reading an article about him awhile ago
many palestinians have the surname al kurdi aswell. they are suspected to be decendants from ayyubis kurdish/median soldiers! just something I heard before!

:kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag:
I heard the same. I even heard it was Saladin who converted them to Shafii Muslims. Allot of Palestinians have indeed Al Kirdi or Kurdi surnames.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FeyliKurd
No Avatar
Save Kobani and Shingal!
Barzani says ready to strike militants in Syria

2013/10/13

South Kurdistan is prepared to strike militants anywhere, including in neighboring Syria, but must avoid being drawn into its civil war, the autonomous region's president Massoud Barzani told AFP.

Barzani's remarks came after militants carried out a late-September attack on a security service headquarters in the Kurdistan region's capital Hewlêr , killing seven people, a rare occurrence in an area usually spared the violence plaguing other parts of i-rack.

"We will not hesitate in directing strikes (against) the terrorist criminals in any place," Barzani said in the interview, when asked about the possibility of Kurdish action against militants in i-rack or Syria.

"Our duty is to protect the Kurds if we are able," he said.

"Our opinion is that the Kurds must stand at the same distance" from all parties in the conflict, so "the Kurdish people are not forced into a war" from which they will gain nothing, Barzani said.

Kurdpress

Tevger
Member Avatar
Payerdar

Thousands of people were forced to flee their homes in Rojava (West of Kurdistan) in the past few months because of the embargo imposed on the region. Many took shelter in North and South Kurdistan, other went to Europe.

However, after YPG (People Defense Units) and YPJ (Women’s Defense Units) Forces won back many areas of the region many people are coming back, reports ANHA News Agency.

Sêmalka Border Gate, between South and West Kurdistan, has become the main way to enter into Rojava.

Workers at the gate stated that 916 residents has come back only last Thursday. The majority of the immigrants said that they came back because they were unable to find jobs or to settle in the other regions and stressed that they felt they were not welcomed in many areas.

Many were accomodated in refugee camps, but could not settle and cope with the strict rules of the camps.
Posted Image

'' Don't touch me doctor! My death is necessary for the Kurds to wake up''

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer
They are building a bridge!!!!

http://www.ipsnews.net/2013/10/kurds-build-bridges-at-last/
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 1_629x472.jpg (130.9 KB)
Quote:

Alasha: Asking and discussing is not forbidden, rather prohibited on this forum

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZlsjLyIzk
Quote:

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6TSXbrVKkE
Quote:

AlanJunior
No Avatar
Liberal

A report about Nusra by veterans of Israel's intelligence community from the Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center.

http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/Data/articles/Art_20573/E_076_13_1861409435.pdf

Qandil
Member Avatar

PKK allegedly founded 1,000-member battalion in Rojava

The Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) has allegedly established a 1,000-member battalion in Syria, according to an intelligence report from Turkey National Police Department.
The PKK structure in Syria is made up of several divisions such as a men's squadron, a western front, an eastern front, a women's battalion, an education battalion and security and militia forces, the report says, Zaman daily said in a report.
There is also a 50-member special unit within the men's battalion, according to the report.
A National Police Department chart showing the PKK structure in Syria reveals that the group is being led by Bulent M., who uses the code name Selim, while his assistant is Sirin A. and has the code name Ayten.
A PKK member codenamed “Kawa” leads the organization's eastern front, which has 200 fighters.
The PKK's education battalion in Syria is led by a female militant who goes by the code name Silan.
It is said that in order to support its extension in Syria, the People Protection Units (YPG) -- which is the military branch of the Democratic Union Party (PYD), the PKK sends militants from KRG to Syria.

Source: http://kurdpress.com/En/NSite/FullStory/News/?Id=5658#Title=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09PKK allegedly founded 1,000-member battalion in Syria%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09
"Kurdino! Bibin yek; eger hûn nebin yek, hûn ê herin yek bi yek." - Cigerxwîn.

Qandil
Member Avatar

YPG started to produce its own grenades. These are some of them:

Posted Image

Fulcrum, do you think they're really made by YPG, or they just painted them?

Xoybun
No Avatar
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Gundî Uçar
13th October 2013 - 10:19 PM
ALAN
13th October 2013 - 10:15 PM
He is Kurdish I remember reading an article about him awhile ago
many palestinians have the surname al kurdi aswell. they are suspected to be decendants from ayyubis kurdish/median soldiers! just something I heard before!

:kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag: :kflag:
No, those named al-Kurdi, or Kirdi are actually Kurds. I have some relatives, their last name is al-Kurdi and they are Kurdish, they live in Damascus, but I haven't had contact with them for 4 years...Anyway, people with last name al-Kurdi are originally from Mardin in NK that migrated to Palestine before it became Israel. So there are many al-Kurdis in Syria now, many left Palestine, for example the mentioned relatives. They can speak Kurdish fluently, Kurmancji, most of them. Al Kirdi is just written the way they pronounce it in Arabic, Krde or Krdi.

Brendar
Member Avatar
Salar
Guys there are people in palastine, algeria, and egypt with the surname Al-Kirdi or Alkurdi. This does not mean that they are Kurds. For instance, there are some saudi arabians with the surname Al Tirki. This does not mean that they are ethnic turks.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kurdistano
No Avatar
Salar
Brendar
14th October 2013 - 11:59 PM
Guys there are people in palastine, algeria, and egypt with the surname Al-Kirdi or Alkurdi. This does not mean that they are Kurds. For instance, there are some saudi arabians with the surname Al Tirki. This does not mean that they are ethnic turks.
They are not Kurds but they could have some Kurdish ancestors.
Edited by Kurdistano, 15th October 2013 - 06:16 AM.

Tevger
Member Avatar
Payerdar
Finally. In his latest message Ocalan said ; People should keep away from the false Islam presented by Al Qaeda and Al Nusra groups. They should seek the real Islam in the Kurdish conference.
Posted Image

FulcrumKAF
Member Avatar
Po210

Dewran
14th October 2013 - 09:23 PM
YPG started to produce its own grenades. These are some of them:

Posted Image

Fulcrum, do you think they're really made by YPG, or they just painted them?
I cant say for sure, heval. The shells seem to be heavily influenced by Russian design, maybe even some parts are from russian shells. However, they seem to be homemade/locally produced (or locally modified).

FSA have also started to produce homemade grenades due to lack of ammo.
These ones by YPG tho seem to be based on real knowledge/research (the mortar shell seems like an anti-personnel HE fragmentation round).
Most of (not all) the rounds the FSA produce are just some explosives packed into a ball/box. They sometimes use huge slingshots to "fire" them (no joke. There is some vids on the internet). Half the time they even fail to explode.
However, they also have some very good ex-SAA engineers that do make quality rounds for FSA. Most of the homemade grenades made by FSA is not by the ex-SAA engineers tho, but rather by amateurs.
The army is the true nobility of a nation

Never plan on the thoughts of others, but on their capabilities

Chase all al nusra and Daash terrorists out of Kurdistan!! Her biji YPG u Peshmerga!

Qandil
Member Avatar

Despite the cease-fire by the YPG because of Eid, the ISIS attacked YPG checkpoints in Ezaz and Çelaxa town. The battle continues and YPG is leading the offensive right now.

Source: YPG spokesman.

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer
Salih Muslim: Şervan is a martyr of the Kurdish people

QAMIŞLO-PYD (Democratic Union Party) co-chair Salih Muslim has attended a public meeting in Hileliye neighborhood of Qamislo city on Monday.

Speaking about his son, Şervan, who died in clashes with al-Qaeda linked gang groups in Tal Abyad on 9 October, Muslim said that; “He is a martyr of the Kurdish people, he died defending his honor and people. We can live without anything, but never without our honor”.
Also speaking about the current political process and the Geneva 2 conference for a political solution to the conflict in Syria, Muslim said the Kurdish Supreme Council will be attending the conference which -he said- will witness the determination of political powers in Syria.
Referring to the recently reached agreement on the establishment of an interim government in West Kurdistan, Muslim said that; “We, just like all other peoples, have the right to national self-determination. Our strategy doesn't consist of division and our philosophy is grounded on natural democracy and brotherhood of peoples”.
Muslim added that they were determined to make all decisions on Rojava together with the people.
Quote:

Fire
Member Avatar
Sertîp
Dewran
16th October 2013 - 12:51 AM
Despite the cease-fire by the YPG because of Eid, the ISIS attacked YPG checkpoints in Ezaz and Çelaxa town. The battle continues and YPG is leading the offensive right now.

Source: YPG spokesman.
We said it many times here, Heval. You can't make a ceasefire with halfmonkeys and terrorists. These terrorists don't know any human language. I like it, that we Kurds have a great character and have honour, even towards our enemy but the enemy is a terrorist group who only wants to see Kurdish blood. That's why YPG need to wipe out every single terrorist.

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer
I screamed of happiness togheter with our sisters and brothers when I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2sJpWWK1RU
Quote:

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer
Al Rat Emir killed by YPG

Attached to this post:
Attachments: BWoEMRECEAEJpCM.jpg (29.13 KB)
Quote:

purearch72
No Avatar
Banned by member request
World Bulletin/News Desk
Four Kurdish political parties are to gather under the same roof of a single party 'The Kurdistan Democratic Party of Syria'.
Preparations in order to establish the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Syria has already started, senior leader at Kurdish Freedom Party Kawa Azizi told the Anadolu Agency.
The project of political unity includes Kurdistan Democratic Party, Kurdish Union Party, Kurdish Freedom Party leaded by Mustafa Oso and the Azadi Kurdish Party leaded by Mustafa Juma.
Azizi stressed that the history of all four political parties dated back to 60 years ago and said, "The Democratic Union Party (PYD) is relatively new. What we aim is to bring together all the Kurdish parties in Syria, PYD included."
As for the goals of the prospective 'The Kurdistan Democratic Party of Syria', Azizi said, "We want Kurdish people to live on their own lands in a federal Syria."
He also touched on the meeting of 'Kurdish National Council' representetives with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu and said, "Turkey is a significant country. We do not accept it as an enemy state. We are neighbours, and we will remain neighbours. Turkey should embrace us as Syria has been falling to pieces."
A committee of party leaders and representatives from four parties, meanwhile, met with Mesud Barzani, the leader of the Kurdish regional administration in KRG, in order to inform him on the recent developments over establishing The Kurdistan Democratic Party of Syria. Barzani congratulated the leaders for their step and pointed to the importance of unity of Kurdish movements.
Geliye Qasumlo
Posted Image

ALAN
Member Avatar

Simko
16th October 2013 - 02:34 AM
I screamed of happiness togheter with our sisters and brothers when I saw this:
Interesting fulcrum what anti tank rocker is that YPG using :D
Russian Girenak Joseph, who visited Kirkuk in Kurdistan as a part of his tour throu the 1870 - 1873 AD, who published the results of his trip & his studies later in 1879, in the 4th volume in the Bulletin of the Caucasus department of the Royal Geographical Russian Society estimated Kirkuk's population as many as 12-50,000 people, & he emphasized that except 40 Christian families, the rest of the population were Kurds. As for The Turkmen & Arabs, they have not been already existed at the time.

ALAN
Member Avatar

Idris Balûken BDP MP announced that Ocalan was worried when BDP delegation informed him of PDK forces closing the border on Rojava in return he had said "I hope PDK stops this meaningless action immediately"

http://sbeiy.com/(S(0ajqjweze1dn0iwvjwlstgjt))/Detail.aspx?id=24809&LinkID=4
Russian Girenak Joseph, who visited Kirkuk in Kurdistan as a part of his tour throu the 1870 - 1873 AD, who published the results of his trip & his studies later in 1879, in the 4th volume in the Bulletin of the Caucasus department of the Royal Geographical Russian Society estimated Kirkuk's population as many as 12-50,000 people, & he emphasized that except 40 Christian families, the rest of the population were Kurds. As for The Turkmen & Arabs, they have not been already existed at the time.

Zlatan10
No Avatar
Pêşrew
ANKARA, Turkey – Al-Qaeda groups are sending fighters and directing the war in Syria from border bases in Turkey’s Kurdish provinces, residents and relatives of recruits said.

They said that Islamist groups affiliated to al-Qaeda are sending young recruits into the “jihad” in Syria in cahoots with certain Islamist and political parties in Turkey.

Men from the Islamist groups have reportedly settled in the provinces of Antep, Adıyaman, Bingol, Batman, Urfa, Diyarbakır and Bitlis.

“Al-Qaeda is a world plague,” said Cemal Babaoglu, head of the Urfa branch of Turkey’s Human Rights Association (IHD).

“We went to the town of Ceylanpınar on the Syrian border. The local people there believe that al-Qaeda is protected by the Turkish state. They say they are definitely sure,” he said.

He added that young men from Urfa are recruited and sent to Syria by certain Islamist political parties and groups, and that one such recruit was his own cousin.

“His father could not stop him. He thinks he will go to heaven if he fights in Syria,” Babaoglu said. “Some of those who went to fight in Syria lost their lives and their remains were sent back here,” Babaoglu added.

He said that locals feel unsafe because of the new settlers, who they believe are from places like Afghanistan and Chechnya.

“There are allegations that about 150 people from Turkey went to Syria to fight but we do not know the exact number,” Osman Suzen, head of the Adiyaman branch of IHD told Rudaw.

“Even the governor of Antep says that the youths from Antep are joining the war in Syria,” said Suzen.

Relatives of missing recruits have to cross into the war-stricken areas of Syria, search through different camps and pay a ransom to have the groups let their children go, the Radikal Daily reported.

“I went to the town of Kilis with a Syrian guide after I learnt that my son joined Ahrar ash-Sham,” the daily quoted an unidentified father as saying.

“I gave some money to the guide so that he would go to Syria and bring him back. When he returned, he said that my son went to the war after completing his training. The organization changed my son’s name to ‘Abu Musa.’ I don’t know if my son is dead or alive now,” the newspaper quoted the father as saying.

Cemal Kılıcparlar’s son joined Al-Qaeda from Antep about 18 months ago.

“When I did not hear from my son for a while I reported to the police department. They said the association my son was attending was an al-Qaeda affiliate. They also said 170 people from Antep have gone to Syria, but they could not do anything because they went there of their own will,” he said. “How could the police not tell me while my son was going to an al-Qaeda affiliated association?”

IHD head Ozturk Turkdogan said that Kurdish youth are sent to Syria with the knowledge of the Turkish intelligence service.

“We have some registered complaints that illegal and radical Islamist organizations organize youths in the name of religion and take them to Syria. It is obvious that those groups are recruiting soldiers for the civil war in Syria, so we are shocked that the police and intelligence units overlook the activities of those organizations,” Turkdogan said.

The families who have filed these reports have also done so at the police headquarters and prosecutor’s office, but no legal action has been taken yet,” he complained.

Meanwhile, the Adıyaman Police Headquarters confirmed in a statement that 11 residents of the town have joined Islamist groups like Jabhat al-Nusrah and other al-Qaeda affiliates.

“After their families lodged complaints at our department, it was found that 25 people are missing in Adıyaman and that 11 of them have gone to Syria. We are following the activities of the extremists who allegedly deceive youth here and take them to Syria,” the statement said.

- See more at: http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/turkey/15102013#sthash.1KKhBHVW.dpuf

Tevger
Member Avatar
Payerdar
YPG kills 84 al qaeda members, destroys one of their tanks and captures another.
Posted Image

Xoybun
No Avatar
PERMANENTLY BANNED
ALAN
16th October 2013 - 08:32 PM
Simko
16th October 2013 - 02:34 AM
I screamed of happiness togheter with our sisters and brothers when I saw this:
Interesting fulcrum what anti tank rocker is that YPG using :D
It's the Kurdish RPG, see how it rolls a hundred times before squashing that tank

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News & updates · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Find more great themes at the Zathyus Network Resources