Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Share KSS on: Share to Facebook Post to my twitter!
Welcome to Kurdistan sky scrapers forum. Hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
The persecution of Faylee Kurds
Topic Started: 4th May 2013 - 10:45 PM (24,921 Views)
FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

The persectution of Faylee Kurds

Posted Image

Discrimination and Injustice
Faylee Kurds have suffered many an injustice and ill-treatment. Arbitrary and illegal deportations on a large scale took place in 1969 and 1971-1973 and again, and by far the most far-reaching, concerted and brutal, at the beginning of the nineteen eighties. Thousands upon thousands were rounded up from their homes, schools and work places, taken to the security offices in Baghdad and the other cities of i-rack, stripped and robbed by the state (“state robbery”) of all official documents (birth certificates, certificates of citizenship, passports, military books, school and university degrees, property deeds, marriage contracts and last but not least money), body searched and interrogated in the typical Baathist manner. They were, with few exceptions, not allowed to take with them neither food nor water, insulted in different ways and then put into mostly military trucks or busses, driven to the eastern border areas and told to march ahead and never look back otherwise they would be shot . (9)

Because of the dominant and strong economic, especially commercial, position of Faylee Kurds, as mentioned above, the latest deportation wave began deceitfully by calling the Faylee economic elite to a meeting at the chamber of commerce in Baghdad supposedly to grant them new and bigger import licenses. They were rounded up there and then, stripped of all documents, taken to the security headquarters for body searching and interrogation, and then taken to the borders in trucks without informing their families or relations. Literally everything they owned was confiscated; they were allowed to only keep the clothes they were wearing then. Subsequently, many of them suffered depression or died of heart attack or stroke after seeing their lives’ hard won achievements being so arbitrarily taken from them and their families by the state of i-rack and being reduced from a life of prosperity and high social ranking to a life of destitute and obscurity.

Total Silence
The latest wave of deportation lasted for many months during which thousands of young Faylee Kurds, both women and men, were detained and kept as hostages. Their number varies from 5.000 to 10.000 and up to 30.000. Only after the defeat of the Baath regime and the availability of the security forces’ records did the horrible truth about them emerge. None of them has been spared; all had been executed or, according to some unconfirmed but probable accounts, were forced to walk in mine fields to clear the way for i-racki army units during the war against Iran or were used in the regime’s experimentations with chemical and biological weapons development (10) . If this is confirmed, it means that chemical weapons were tested on young Faylee Kurd detainees before being dropped on Halabja in 1988.

The rather rigorously planned and ruthlessly executed mass deportation of Faylee Kurds was only a prelude to, and part of a larger strategy of the Baath regime against the Kurdish population. The crux of the matter was to deprive the Kurds in i-rack of all economic power and drive them from all geographically strategic areas by demographical measures and forcible ethnic cleansing and shifts and alterations. They began by crushing the Kurds’ economic dominance (11) at the center of power Baghdad through deportation and ethnic cleansing in, among other places, Kerkûk and Khanaqin and as part of this overall strategy the regime tried to alter the ethnic identity of some Kurds, such as the Yezidis and the Shebaks claiming they were Arabs.

Despite this large-scale and brutal ethnic cleansing of Muslim i-racki citizens taking place openly and being a lead up to the still enormously much larger, and by far much more ruthless, ethnic cleansing in South Kurdistan, Arab and Muslim states or Islamic organizations, media, politicians and governments in particular and international media, organizations, politicians (with a very few exceptions) and governments in general did indeed keep a deafening silence on these tragic events and some of them did indeed support these measures openly or tacitly.

Some people say what could they otherwise do since Saddam Hussein and his regime was then the hero of the Arab nation (he was backed politically, militarily, and financially and was hailed for “defending and safeguarding its “Eastern Gate” from the “Persian enemy” as was written and said then by Arab regimes, with the exception of Syria, by Arab media and intellectuals) and who later turned into an Arab bully in the eyes of some Arab regimes when he invaded Kuwait in 1991; and he was also the darling of the West and the milk-cow of the Soviet Union, USA and Western Europe. Everyone was competing and rushing to appease the despot and gain some of his favors and petrol-dollars, notwithstanding the suffering he and his regime brought upon and the hardships he and his regime inflicted upon the i-racki people in general and the Kurds in particular.

Plausible Reasons

The question that begs itself is why the Baath regime treated the Kurds so ruthlessly. The main reasons for this treatment are among others and briefly:
1- The Baath party ideology is rooted in Nazism (the party was founded during WW2 when Nazi Germany was at the peak of its military might) (12) and inspired by Stalinism which had great influence on the head of the dictatorial regime, namely, Saddam Hussein. Nazism’s national superiority and Stalinism’s ill-treatment of national and religious minorities are well known. Another influence on Saddam Hussein was the strict and rigid tribal and peasant norms and mentality.
The ideological and mental framework was already in place.
2- The ruthless treatment of the Kurds in general in i-rack is well known and documented, varying from arbitrary arrests to the use of chemical weapons against them. It is a reflection of the Nazi and Stalinist ideology and Arab ultra-nationalism which is intolerant of minorities. And because Faylee Kurds are part and parcel of the Kurdish nation they have evidently suffered from the same treatment.
3- As mentioned earlier, Faylee Kurds achieved prominence in the commercial field especially in Baghdad, the seat and center of power. Because of the regime’s then hidden agenda against the Kurds and its preparation for war against Iran, it aimed at destroying this dominance by destroying Faylee Kurds and their economic power base through mass deportation.
4- The Baath party carried out a bloody and cruel coup d’etat on Feb 8, 1963. Among the few places putting up popular resistance was the Kurdish quarter in Baghdad. The Baath party did not forget this resistance nor forgive the Kurds for that.
5- The archaic i-racki Citizenship Law inherited from the Ottoman Empire era and incorporated in the newly created state of i-rack by the British. This law clearly favored those who had cooperated with the Ottoman and British authorities, namely, Arabs from the Sunni triangle against both the Kurds and the Shiite Arabs.
6- As part of its preparations for the war on Iran, the i-racki regime aimed at creating social instability in that country by deporting hundreds of thousands of i-racki citizens to the country and, in addition, creating further economic difficulties for the unprepared and weakened Iranian economy after the 1979 Islamic take over. Similar tactics were used by the Baath regime in 1974 against the Kurdish movement in i-rack before launching its military onslaught on the Kurds.
7- A contributing factor that some people mention in this context is that Faylee Kurds are Shia Muslims. Because the i-rack regime and state was sectarian-oriented both in ideology and practice and was from the overwhelmingly Sunni triangle of i-rack.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: f1.jpg (21.6 KB)
Attachments: f2.jpg (23.48 KB)
Attachments: f3.jpg (16.87 KB)
Attachments: f4.jpg (22.36 KB)
Attachments: f5.jpg (16.79 KB)
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

Faylee Kurds Role in the i-racki Kurdish National Movement:

Posted Image

World War Two - 1975

Faylee Kurds have been involved in the Kurdish movement in i-rack and with the emerging Kurdish political party, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) since it was founding in 1946, both as members and active supporters.
Some of them assumed higher positions and gained fame among Faylee Kurds, such as Dr. Jafar (Jafar Muhammad Karim) (13) Among the rank and file were, for example Shaban Nour Ali and others. There were special party cells and organizations for the Faylee Kurds living in Baghdad and elsewhere. These organizations were clandestine because the party was considered illegal from the start.

Involvement of Faylee Kurds with the KDP increased especially after the return of the renowned Kurdish national leader the late Mustafa Barzani from exile and the subsequent start of the Kurdish armed resistance against the central government in 1961.

In the middle of the nineteen sixties the KDP suffered a split, the late Mustafa Barzani leading the bigger faction and Jalal Talabani the other faction. Faylee Kurds, although joining both factions, were very disturbed and disappointed by this split and the subsequent infighting between the two factions.

Ordinary Faylee Kurds also supported the movement by making financial contributions and supplying safe houses in Baghdad and other i-racki towns and cities for KDP members and high ranking figures. Faylee Kurdish merchants in Baghdad and elsewhere aided the armed Kurdish movement with supplies and agricultural products and sold agricultural and animal produce from the Kurdish region proper. Many of these merchants were arrested more than once, tortured and imprisoned. (14)

After the signing of the March 11, 1970 agreement between the re-united Kurdish movement, headed by the late General Barzani and the central government, Faylee Kurds joined the KDP on a large scale. It was mostly after that agreement that Faylee Kurds assumed prominent positions within Kurdish organizations.

Among Faylee Kurds who assumed very high positions within the Kurdish movement were Zakia Ismail Haqqi, the first women judge in i-rack, who became the President of the Kurdistan Women Association, Adel Murad who became President of the Kurdistan Student Union, Yadollah Karim who had a leading post of Kurdistan Youth Association and Habib Muhammad Karim, who became acting secretary-general of the KDP, in the middle of nineteen seventies (15). It must sadly be added that the first woman in i-rack to be executed for political reasons was a Faylee Kurd, Leila Qasim, from Khanaqin; she was hanged by the Baath regime in May 1974 along with 4 more young Kurds (16).

When the central government went back on the March 11, 1970 agreement, the armed struggle began again when the Kurdish region was attacked by government troops in March 1974. Many Faylee Kurds joined and took active part in that armed struggle; they included ordinary people, technocrats, students and others. Some became Peshmerga guerillas.

It can be said that so far the period between March 1970 and March 1974 was probably the “golden age” of Faylee Kurds’ participation in the i-racki Kurdish movement when that movement was united under the leadership of the late Mustafa Barzani. The promotion of Faylee Kurds to these high positions was an expression of both his confidence in them and his recognition of their role in the movement as a whole. Some observers say this may have also been his response to the i-racki regime’s deportation of Faylee Kurds at the beginning of the nineteen seventies on the pretext that they were not Iraqis but of Iranian origin and the of lack of, or weak, response from the Kurdish movement. At the time of the deportation of Faylee Kurds many of the leading figures in the Kurdish movement preferred inaction and acquiescence on the issue “in order not to upset relations with the Baath regime”. It must, however, be added that the late Mustafa Barzani again confirmed his position vis-à-vis Faylee Kurds by nominating Habib Muhammad Karim, a Faylee Kurd, to the post of i-racki Vice President, a post given to the Kurds in accordance with the March 11, 1970 agreement between the Kurdish Movement and the central government (17).

Between 1976 and 2003

The armed movement collapsed in 1975 for internal and external factors, which will not be mentioned at this occasion. After the collapse, the Kurdish movement suffered internal divisions and bitter and sometime bloody conflict.

New political organizations emerged and old ones changed. Faylee Kurds joined these two main parties in increasing numbers. Here again Faylee Kurds played a prominent and sometimes a central part in the establishment of these organizations. The patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) was established in 1976; among its founding members were Jalal Talabani along with two Faylee Kurds, Adel Murad and Abd al-Razzaq Aziz Mirza (usually known as Razzaq Faylee) and others. The KDP started a new organization, which was partly a revival of the old KDP, called the Provisional Leadership with a Faylee Kurd in charge of its foreign relations office in London.

After the 1991 popular uprising in South Kurdistan Faylee Kurds began to come to the liberated areas in increasing though limited numbers and within the ranks of most Kurdish and i-racki opposition parties. Some even worked within the new Kurdish administration in the liberated areas in various capacities. Among them can be mentioned Habib Muhammad Karim, Yadollah Karim, Jalil Faylee, Adel Murad, Razzaq Faylee and others. (18)

At the Present

Faylee Kurds have joined the two main Kurdish political parties, the KDP (Kurdistan Democratic Party), headed by the Kurdish leader Masoud Barzani and the PUK (Patriotic Union of Kurdistan) headed by the Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani.
Faylee Kurds have also joined other secular and religious i-racki political parties and organizations, within which some of them have sensitive posts.

A number Faylee Kurds have been or are currently ministers or deputy ministers in the regional government in Hewlêr (such as Yadollah Karim, KDP, and Haider Sheikh Ali, Communist Party) and the government in Suleimania (such as Abdul Razzaq Myrza and Sadoun Faylee, PUK). Others are commanders of Peshmerga (Kurdish guerrilla) units. And still others work in other capacities. (19)

Due to the economic, social, security and political unfavorable conditions prevailing in Iran during the Iran-Iraq war (1980-1988) and the many restrictions imposed on them and on their movement in Iran (because they were officially considered i-rack citizens and commonly called Arabs (Arabaha, in Persian) by the population, tens of thousands of deportee Faylee Kurds chose to leave Iran by every and any possible way and method, however risky and dangerous. Many of them became victims of unscrupulous smugglers and corrupt officials. (20)
Faylee Kurds are at present spread over many parts of the world. Many of them still live in i-rack, especially in Baghdad and some in Iran after the latest mass deportation at the beginning of the nineteen eighties; others have chosen a life in exile, in Europe (Sweden, Denmark, Germany, England, Holland and France) North America and Australia.

Since Faylee Kurds see themselves as part of the Kurdish people in i-rack and the Kurdish nation at large, they have not had and do not have any intention or desire to establish political organizations for Faylee Kurds as such, preferring instead to join existing Kurdish and other i-racki political parties. However, they have established non-political-party organizations, such as, for example, cultural, sports and academic associations and societies in order to keep the ties among themselves and take up their common problems and aspirations. (21)

Some Faylee Kurds feel that Kurdish parties can and should do more to address their specific grievances and problems and take up, in the appropriate forums, the apparent and obvious injustices committed against them by the i-racki state for decades. They feel they are forgotten most of the time, especially when it counts. Some leaders of these parties counter this complaint by saying that the best way to do this is for the Faylee Kurds themselves to take up their case, their grievances and their demands and pursue their aspirations because no one else can or will do that as good as themselves (22).

It must be added that, on the one hand and regrettably, there are still among some leading figures in these parties and among some members of the Kurdish intelligentsia there is still limited and sometimes confused knowledge about the identity of Faylee Kurds and/or of their specific problems and the injustices committed against them. This has in turn led to some sort of indifference and lack of attention on their part towards these Kurds and their problems. This may be blamed in part on the Faylee Kurds themselves, though they have tried to bring or attract attention to their case.

Nevertheless, this would not justify that attitude. On the other hand, a number of i-racki Arab writers and religious-cum-political leaders have publicized the plight of Faylee Kurds and strongly and relentlessly defended their rights.

There are Faylee Kurds who argue that they are still being ignored because they have no voice in either the i-racki Governing Council or the government. However, others firmly believe that they must be represented and their representation should, if any, be within the Kurdish group in the Council and/or the government not as representative of Faylee Kurds per se but as part of the representatives of the Kurdish inhabitants of i-rack and as an affirmation and recognition that they are Kurds and Iraqis, as the late Barzani did in the seventies when Faylee Kurds reached high positions in the party and the other organizations of the movement not as representatives of Faylee Kurds as such but as an expression of his insistence both within the ranks of the Kurdish movement itself and as a stand vis-à-vis the central government that these people are both an integral part of Kurdish people as well as Iraqis.

Kurd faylee Peshmergas:

Attached to this post:
Attachments: 5.jpg (286.49 KB)
Attachments: 6.jpg (252.82 KB)
Attachments: 7.jpg (35.7 KB)
Attachments: 8.jpg (25.39 KB)
Attachments: 9.jpg (89.21 KB)
Attachments: 10.jpg (45.71 KB)
Attachments: 11.jpg (69.35 KB)
Attachments: 12.jpg (76.71 KB)
Attachments: 14.jpg (68.07 KB)
Attachments: 15.jpg (67.86 KB)
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

Deportation of Feyli Kurds. Their properties seized as well as being stripped of their legal documents and citizenship.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: d1.jpg (10.79 KB)
Attachments: d2.jpg (13.06 KB)
Attachments: d3.jpg (15.22 KB)
Attachments: d4.jpg (19.83 KB)
Attachments: d5.jpg (13.22 KB)
Attachments: d6.jpg (12.77 KB)
Attachments: d7.jpg (31.2 KB)
Attachments: d8.jpg (15.52 KB)
Attachments: d9.jpg (30.23 KB)
Attachments: d10.jpg (19.6 KB)
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

Attached to this post:
Attachments: d11.jpg (17.87 KB)
Attachments: d12.jpg (26.44 KB)
Attachments: d13.jpg (22.1 KB)
Attachments: d14.jpg (15.55 KB)
Attachments: d15.jpg (18.77 KB)
Attachments: d16.jpg (12.98 KB)
Attachments: d17.jpg (24.56 KB)
Attachments: d18.jpg (12.66 KB)
Attachments: d19.jpg (26.94 KB)
Attachments: d20.jpg (32.86 KB)
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

:sad:
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 30.jpg (21.67 KB)
Attachments: 31.jpg (17.31 KB)
Attachments: 32.jpg (22.6 KB)
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

ALAN
Member Avatar

scumbags irackis *love
Russian Girenak Joseph, who visited Kirkuk in Kurdistan as a part of his tour throu the 1870 - 1873 AD, who published the results of his trip & his studies later in 1879, in the 4th volume in the Bulletin of the Caucasus department of the Royal Geographical Russian Society estimated Kirkuk's population as many as 12-50,000 people, & he emphasized that except 40 Christian families, the rest of the population were Kurds. As for The Turkmen & Arabs, they have not been already existed at the time.

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

Displaced Feyli Kurds on refugee camps in Iran, really bad conditions.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 1.jpg (31.45 KB)
Attachments: 2.jpg (24.12 KB)
Attachments: 3.jpg (16.06 KB)
Attachments: 5.jpg (17.49 KB)
Attachments: 34.jpg (20.36 KB)
Attachments: 44.jpg (13.83 KB)
Attachments: 46.jpg (18.25 KB)
Attachments: 51.jpg (21.71 KB)
Attachments: 13.jpg (15.58 KB)
Attachments: 16.jpg (15.37 KB)
Edited by FeyliKurd, 5th May 2013 - 02:48 AM.
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

Attached to this post:
Attachments: 6.jpg (19.57 KB)
Attachments: 56.jpg (28.78 KB)
Attachments: 18.jpg (22.7 KB)
Attachments: 9.jpg (18.56 KB)
Attachments: 8.jpg (17.8 KB)
Attachments: 20.jpg (24.33 KB)
Attachments: 26.jpg (18.61 KB)
Attachments: 10.jpg (29.01 KB)
Attachments: 21.jpg (13.11 KB)
Attachments: 25.jpg (24.6 KB)
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

Deleted User
Deleted User

Please no one forget us. :K

Nazis? No way these Baathis make the Nazis look good, and that is an underestimate. Atleast the Nazis helped their own people, these Baathis used the oil money to build themselves nice houses and buy chemical weapons.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote Post Goto Top

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

:flower:
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 179189_368205456574330_1838408226_n.jpg (119.3 KB)
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

FeyliKurd
Member Avatar
Alîşerwanî

This great article was posted by Ekurd.net April 7 2013

I want to thank Ekurd so much for posting this!!!
kf

33-Year Post Faili Kurds Genocide

The thirty-third anniversary of the crime committed against Faili Kurds by the former regime passed this year, as well, but no rights returned, no compensations paid and none of the missing or their remains were found.

Deputies, politicians and Journalists believe this segment have not got their rights that commensurate to the injustice they suffered, despite the passage of 10 years since the fall of the former regime.

The tale

The story began but has not come to an end so far since the first version of the citizenship law in i-rack in the twenties of the last century when Iraqis had been classified into two groups according to their affiliation: Ottomanya –those considered as Iraqis- and Iranian –those considered as foreigners-, those profited to be hunted by curse because of their origins.

It looked like a dress designed for this component that are stationed in Baghdad and spread in Diyala, Wasit and Maysan provinces called Faili Kurds, the name refers to its Kurdish origin and its title to its belief of a Shiite majority.

In the days of 1980s, Faili Kurds were exposed to a big campaign by the former regime that began by the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council Resolution issuance for 666 decision, which deprived them of i-racki nationality and considered them as Iranians, then deported hundreds of thousands of them, confiscated their movable and immovable properties and arrested more than 17 thousand young people aged 17-35 years old and jailed them, their remains have not been found yet.

Experts’ opinion

Faili Kurds representative in Kurdistan Parliament, Ali Hussein Faili said that he believes “Faili Kurds genocide began in Baghdad and must end in Baghdad”.

He said “political, judicial, social and cultural must focus on this issue, look at the basis of the crime and how it was planned, its implementation phases and conclude the results and its repercussions because this scenario was prepared by a political system that ruled i-rack for more than thirty years”.

"There is no genuine consensus on finding a real solution to the problem of Faili Kurds among political circles,” attributing the cause to "the chauvinism tendency that was published by the Baath Party and Saddam to commit such crimes that do exist until now”, he explained.

"The Supreme i-racki Criminal Court defined the crime committed against Faili Kurds as genocide and the Council of Ministers, the Presidency of the Republic, Parliament, Presidency of Kurdistan Regional Government and its Parliament all agreed that it is a crime of genocide and also agree that this segment is oppressed,” adding "We have not notice from all these entities any real positions as it confined on the media side only as condemnations and statements,” Faili added.

Faili demanded a " project to lift injustice and oppression from Faili Kurds as other project to determine the completion rates by the concerned parties, and to inform us from time to time on the achieved percentages, did they achieve something or contented with promises,” adding,” We all agree, that what happened to Faili Kurds was a crime, but taking into account continued neglect and dereliction, what do we call it?”.

“The biggest problem facing Faili Kurds is that they are living in a country called i-rack and this country in many ways has always been a source of problems for both its internal components or to the neighboring countries”.

He went on saying “at this stage, which coincides with the 33rd anniversary of the Faili genocide crime, i-rack faces a political and social crisis and even sectarian and nationalist crisis Certainly they are (Faili Kurds) who are affected by this situation, we can demand to activate those decisions and give us our rights, no more”.

“The legitimate demands are usually submitted to the legitimate governments not to fascist and dictatorship governments as Baath Party government, it is necessary to know the status of the political system that was legitimized by voters and the extent of its commitment to perform its duties”.

Faili concluded that “giving the rights of Faili Kurds and indicators on the rate of returning their rights is the standard of the health and recovery of this political system”.

The three-reason

While the spokesman of Kurdistan Alliance, Muayad al-Tayeb said that “Faili Kurds did not get their rights compared to the injustice they went through,” adding that “what they were exposed to in i-rack of unfairness rarely happened to people living in their own countries”.

“Faili Kurds are originally people of i-rack but the former regime for no reason deprived their i-racki nationality and seized their properties and deported them to Iran,”, he said. " the whole family was not deported even in the displacement as the repressive security forces used to keep the young people with them and separated between the husband and his wife , mother and her son and others and this considered one of heinous crimes of the former regime as a result of abhorrent Chauvinism “.

“Faili Kurds have been subjected to persecution for three reasons, first because they are Kurds, second they are from the Shiite sect and third because they are patriotic people and joined the Kurdish national movement “.

“Saddam failed in eliminating them,” he added. :P

The international community highlighted this year the issue of Faili Kurds but shyly as usual, the United Nations expressed its assistance to the i-racki government to work to remove the injustice of Faili Kurds and return their i-racki citizenship.

This talk came by the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in i-rack, Martin Kobler, who said that “the former regime practiced violence in its policy and used it against all communities and personalities in i-rack, Faili Kurds have been uprooted from i-rack as their presence in i-rack date back to thousands of years in an attempt to destroy them and erase their presence in the country, they are one of the oldest peoples who lived in i-rack”.

UN official says "Despite whatever done by Saddam Hussein’s regime, but Faili Kurds are still in i-rack and in their rightful place as a part of a community that forms this country”.

“The oppression suffered by them was based on three”.

For his part, the leader of the Islamic Supreme Council of i-rack, Ammar al-Hakim believes that there is a need to call all forcibly displaced Faili Kurds to return to their homeland and to give chances to these oppressed.

He says that injustice against Faili Kurds was "because of their opposition to the dictatorial regime and their patriotic belonging and association with Imam Mohsen al-Hakim”.

“An apology to the Faili Kurds must be submitted on behalf of al-Maliki”.

For her part, a former member of Martyrs and Victims Committee and the current lawmaker, Prezad Shaaban said that "On this anniversary, I attributed myself and then the families of martyrs of Faili Kurds,www.ekurd.net and apologize to them on behalf of al- Maliki’s government, who refuses to apologize for any class of the i-racki people, because unfortunately Faili Kurds did not get any of their rights “.

“Al-Maliki and his government have disappointed all categories and components of the Kurdish people, including Faili Kurds, he did not give them anything,” acknowledging “the Faili tragedies cannot be described”.

Shaaban believes that there is another big problem concerned Sadr court in Sadr City, which was devoted to Faili issues “it disappointed Failis as al-Maliki did”.

According to Shaaban “when Faili Kurds presents their files, their complaints and documents to Sader Court about the martyrdom of their loved ones, judges asked for a confirmation paper assures them that the Faili citizen was executed or found in a mass grave or why he died.

"Did Saddam Hussein gave death certificate when executes someone ?”, she wondered.

Sample of Faili’s suffering

“I have an issue to pursue now, which belong to three brothers of Faili Kurds, one of whom found a paper that proves his execution, a younger brother named Samir from Murad al- Faili family and two others brothers, the Court refused to register them as martyrs for the lack of any paper that prove it, this is a real tragedy and I complain the judge now, because this family is just a one sample of the all families of Faili Kurds suffered such tragedies”.

Shaaban acknowledged that "other problems afflicting Faili Kurds is when someone comes from outside i-rack to Baghdad to pursue their dues files, he would shock with the endless routinely obstacles, then he would decide to go immediately back because it is difficult to get anything”.

Cautious optimism to get part of the rights

The vision of the writer and political analyst, Sabah Zankana is less dark, he said, “if we say that the compensation will compensate the moral side and humanitarian loss, we will reach a convention that the money of the whole world does not worth a single case suffered by the Faili Kurds or by many i-racki citizens”.

Zankana adds, “These compensations are almost a part of rehabilitation, no less no more”.

"The responsibility of not giving Faili Kurds their rights is of legislative and executive authorities”.

“The i-racki governments after 2003 did not deal with Faili Kurds as a community, although they participate as a political power, so their division among parties creates a kind of weakness,” Zankana added.

“Faili Kurds were exposed to the worst ethnic disposition operation in the Middle East”.

The journalist , Jamal Kareem said that "Faili Kurds were subjected to the worst ethnic disposition operation defined by the Middle East in the modern era, as the disposition operation began since the beginning of the eighties of the last century “.

Kareem added “after 10 years on 2003, Faili Kurds are still suffering from injustice in the fundamental rights and task, such as returning their confiscated property by the former regime, which has been distributed on his helpers," reminding that " when the i-racki Jews were expelled, their money and their property were frozen, but Faili Kurds were not included by that and we say this with respect and appreciation for i-racki Jews”.

Faili Kurds were displaced during the era of former President Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr in 1970 and 1975, and later Saddam Hussein in 1980 under the pretext of “subordination of Iran”, they suffered oppression.

Supreme i-racki Criminal Court r the recognized the crimes committed against the Faili Kurds as "genocide”.

---

Faili Kurds are Kurdish people inhabited the areas in Jalawla , Khanaqin and Mandali in the north to Ali al-Gharbi south as Badra , Jassan , Kut , Numaniyah and Azizia areas. Faili Kurds live also in several areas of the capital, Baghdad.

Posted Image

Kurdish Faili Peshmergas 1974. Faili Kurds -in 1947 according to government statistics- were about 30,000 ones, thus they made up 0.6% of i-rack's population at the time.

Posted Image

Faili Kurds wait for deportation. The i-racki Faili Kurds, have been forcibly displaced during the reign of former i-racki President, Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr in 1970 and 1975 and in Saddam Hussein’s regime in April 1980, under the pretext of "subordination of Iran".

Source: Ekurd.net

http://www.ekurd.net/mismas/articles/misc2013/4/state6979.htm
Edited by FeyliKurd, 8th May 2013 - 05:24 AM.
From Erzingan to Îlam
From Gire Spî to Agirî
Kurdistan will be free

ALAN
Member Avatar

Iraq: Saddam's crimes against Faili Kurds are the most serious against humanity

Posted Image

Thursday, 03 April 2014 15:34

Shafaq News / The Minister of human rights , Mohammed Shayaa al- Sudani considered the " crimes of the former regime " against Faili Kurds as the most serious against humanity. Sudani said in a festive of the National Day of Faili Kurds Martyrs , attended by " Shafaq News " , that "what happened to our children of Faili Kurds at the time of the former regime represents a threat bell in the history of human rights , which is the most serious crimes against humanity represented by the dictator’s orders, instructions and decisions of the dissolved Revolutionary Command Council . "

"The government is seeking to improve the conditions of the areas affected by these continuum sanctions, as many of the ministries showed its cooperation in order to alleviate the suffering of the people of those areas ," stressing that " the suffering of this important segment has been immortalized by memorial Kurdish Faili Martyr to be an indication for generations on that crime”.

Sudani called all the Iraqi people and Faili Kurds to advance the construction of the country towards the democratic system to achieve the goals of citizenship.

The celebration also witnessed a documentary film that shows the suffering of Faili Kurds during the former regime and some clips of the series " Rabab " in the presence of the series artists , Asia Kamal , Ghanem Hamid and Basil Shibib . Then medals were distributed to the heroes of the above mentioned series, as well as on a number of Kurdish Faili citizens of victims of the former regime .

It is worth mentioning that the former regime headed by Saddam Hussein for nearly three decades killed thousands of young Kurds.

Some sources estimate that 20 thousand Failis had been taken to an undisclosed location and their fate is still unknown, it is likely that they had been killed in detention or were buried alive in mass graves .

Faili Kurds have also been displaced , arrested and killed during the rule of former President , Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr in 1970 and 1975 , and later Saddam Hussein in 1980 under the pretext of " being loyal to Iran " , but followers and historians believe that the displacement was due to their religious affiliation and nationalism.

http://english.shafaaq.com/index.php/community/9431-iraq-saddam-s-crimes-against-faili-kurds-are-the-most-serious-against-humanity
Russian Girenak Joseph, who visited Kirkuk in Kurdistan as a part of his tour throu the 1870 - 1873 AD, who published the results of his trip & his studies later in 1879, in the 4th volume in the Bulletin of the Caucasus department of the Royal Geographical Russian Society estimated Kirkuk's population as many as 12-50,000 people, & he emphasized that except 40 Christian families, the rest of the population were Kurds. As for The Turkmen & Arabs, they have not been already existed at the time.

Zagros
Member Avatar

Fayli Kurds demand Answers About Missing Relatives

COPENHAGEN, Denmark – Fayli Kurdish communities around the world last week once again commemorated the Iraqi regime's 1980 attacks and deportations against them.

In Denmark, the Fayli Kurdish Association arranged a memorial for relatives and family members who disappeared during Saddam Hussein's regime and were buried in anonymous graves.

Various Kurdish and Arab organizations and parties participated in the memorial and read their messages.

The Fayli Kurds are a Shiite community, with roots in Ilam, Kermanshah and Luristan in Eastern Kurdistan. Today, they are found in Baghdad, Khanaqin and Mandali in Iraq. They have their own dialect, called Fayli.

Thirty-four years ago this month, the Iraqi regime attacked and deported thousands of Faylis to Iran, accusing them of not being Iraqis and siding with the enemy in Saddam’s 1980-88 war with neighboring Iran.

Rafiq Ahmad is one of the founders of the Fayli Kurdish Association in Denmark. Two of his brothers disappeared in 1980, and were not heard of since.

"I want to know their fate and where they are buried," said Rafiq, who was thrown by Iraqi authorities into the infamous Abu Ghraib prison, known for its torture and abuse of detainees.

"I was imprisoned many times and tortured because I disagreed with the Iraqi regime," he told Rudaw.

Rafiq said that the Fayli Kurds are demanding their rights to return to their homes in Iraq and restore the lands they lost, now inhabited by Arabs. In addition, they want those who were responsible for the anti-Fayli campaigns prosecuted.

The Fayli Kurds supported the Kurdish rebellion in Iraq between 1961-1975. This created a concern among the Baath-regime, since they feared that the Fayli Kurds would support the theocratic regime in Iran against Iraq because of their shared Shiite faith.

Large numbers of Fayli Kurdish families and citizens were forcefully deported by Iraqi forces in the early eighties to Iran. Their properties and papers were confiscated. Thousands were killed or died -- including women and children -- as they tried to find shelter beyond Iraq’s closed borders.

Sema Reda is a board member of the Fayli Kurdish Association in Denmark, and was born in Iran as a result of the deportations. Five of her family members have disappeared.

"The fact that you do not know where your family members are feels terrible," she told Rudaw.

"My mother's father and grandfather died of grief because they did not know where their sons were."

Since Saddam’s overthrow after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, some Fayli Kurds have reclaimed their confiscated properties and struggled to prosecute those behind the deportations. The bodies of some missing Faylis have been found and identified, but many of the disappearances are still waiting to be solved. Many Fayli Kurds still live in Iran as refugees.

- See more at: http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/14042014#sthash.M72jBb2d.GEA3tIPK.dpuf

jjmuneer
Member Avatar
Merg û Şeref

Shahid monument for Feyli Kurds in Wasit, Iraq.
Posted Image

jjmuneer
Member Avatar
Merg û Şeref

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

jjmuneer
Member Avatar
Merg û Şeref

Feyli monument I think it's in Kut:
https://www.facebook.com/alaa.faily/videos/1342519229112172/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Genocides against kurdish nation · Next Topic »

Find more great themes at the Zathyus Network Resources