Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Share KSS on: Share to Facebook Post to my twitter!
Welcome to Kurdistan sky scrapers forum. Hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Kurdish mythological creatures
Topic Started: 10th November 2014 - 03:08 AM (5,363 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Do you guys know of any? I've never heard of any mythological creatures from Middle Eastern cultures lol
Quote Post Goto Top

Halo
Member Avatar
Têkoşer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahmaran
Quote:

Alasha: Asking and discussing is not forbidden, rather prohibited on this forum
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Şirnex
Member Avatar

there is a book about kurdish tales and myths, but never read

http://www.amazon.de/Fire-My-Heart-Kurdish-Folklore/dp/159158437X/ref=sr_1_1/275-6608055-7694950?s=books-intl-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1415563560&sr=1-1&keywords=Kurdish+mythology
Edited by Şirnex, 10th November 2014 - 06:08 AM.

RawandKurdistani
Member Avatar
Surchi/Xoshnawi

The Ifrit? It's used in Kurdish folklore at least.

Thinking of it, have you Guys noticed how we in the Middle East rarely put faith in anything supernatural (god is something else)? We constantly hear of ghost stories from the West and whatever not, but never from our region ;-)
Edited by RawandKurdistani, 10th November 2014 - 08:40 AM.
I am confused by God's wisdom:
In this world of States
Why have the Kurds remained Stateless, dispossessed,
What for have they all become fugitives, condemned?

Ahmad Khani

Feed the hungry and visit a sick person
And free the captive
If he be unjustly confined
Assist any person oppressed
Whether Muslim or non-Muslim

- Prophet Muhammad Ibn Abdullah (PBUH)

Posted Image

RawandKurdistani
Member Avatar
Surchi/Xoshnawi

There's some Kurdish folktales here, interesting things in there, I've already posted this somewhere else on this forum:

Kurdish folktales from Slemani and Kerkûk
http://www.google.dk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kurdipedia.org%2Fbooks%2F62110.PDF&ei=7O9fVMikEYHUOdrCgOAL&usg=AFQjCNFxxmFWK_0P0F6INt7olKrxsYUaEA&bvm=bv.79189006,d.d2s
Edited by RawandKurdistani, 10th November 2014 - 08:52 AM.
In this world of States

Ahmad Khani

And free the captive

Posted Image

Partizan
Member Avatar

RawandKurdistani
10th November 2014 - 08:38 AM
Thinking of it, have you Guys noticed how we in the Middle East rarely put faith in anything supernatural (god is something else)? We constantly hear of ghost stories from the West and whatever not, but never from our region ;-)
"We in the Middle East" and "our region" is language that suggests you relate more to the enemies of Kurdistan than other nations. Why am I supposed to cherish any shared characteristic with Turks, Arabs or Persians? Your Islamism just pervades every thought pattern, does it not?

And the statement "God is something else" confirms to me you really do have an IQ in the double digits after all. A bit of logical reflection would have led you to conclude that this idiot statement is untenable and would be better omitted, but never mind reason, convenience trumps everything for you.
Edited by Partizan, 10th November 2014 - 09:09 AM.

RawandKurdistani
Member Avatar
Surchi/Xoshnawi

Quote:

"We in the Middle East" and "our region" is language that suggests you relate more to the enemies of Kurdistan than other nations. Why am I supposed to cherish any shared characteristic with Turks, Arabs or Persians? Your Islamism just pervades every thought pattern, does it not?

Because you are, live with it or simply stop calling yourself a Kurd, because you will NEVER escape this among the Kurdish nation. It doesn't matter what we think of our neighbours, we live in the same region, end of story. Learn to settle down. Oh and remember: You can't judge entire nations by certain people, not even if those certain people are the majority. Turks, Arabs and Persians are NOT our enemies, people among those are. Surely there's some that accept Kurdistan, and many that won't resist independence, even though they don't support it, these people are NOT our enemies.

Heard of this man? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0smail_Be%C5%9Fik%C3%A7i
I Wonder if you're immoral enough to consider a person like him to be the enemy of Kurds too, especially considering that he's done more for Kurds than 80 % actual Kurds have. Would you also hate the many millions of Arabs from different Arabic countries that respect the Kurdish right to freedom? Will you also hate those many Persians that respect Kurds, even though they're not fond of Kurdish independence, however will accept it?

Quote:

And the statement "God is something else" confirms to me you really do have an IQ in the double digits after all. A bit of logical reflection would have led you to conclude that this idiot statement is untenable and would be better omitted, but never mind reason, convenience trumps everything for you

Okay let me tell you why it is so, because you're obviously not clever enough to figure it out yourself: People do not need evidence for god, as a matter of fact we must not have evidence for god, that is the whole point of the test of faith on earth. Supernatural beings in this world however can have evidence, and it's funny that we hear so many ghost stories from Europe, and not a single one from the Middle East, you'd think there would be some all over the world, if these tales were actually true ;)

Can't say i'm surprised about your post, I knew there was a 60 % chance of receiving another b***hurt message from you. Anything that's related to Islam in the slightest will become your target (in this case living in a region with Islam as the dominant religion) and I didn't even talk about religion as such. How the hell are you gonna survive in Hewler?

Mods, can you move this to the Political Chit Chat?
Edited by RawandKurdistani, 10th November 2014 - 05:26 PM.
In this world of States

Ahmad Khani

And free the captive

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Culture · Next Topic »

Find more great themes at the Zathyus Network Resources